Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hello Thailand! aka Back to Blogging...

After a super smooth string of flights from Zanzibar to Dar to Doha to Bangkok, I got to the Old Bangkok Inn early Wednesday morning and was able to move right into my lovely room immediately. Despite not sleeping a wink on any of my flights (the movies and tetris games on Qatar Air were just too good to sleep through!) I was strangely awake and within half an hour I was strolling Koh San Road, with offers to take a tuk tuk, buy new shoes, book a tour to angkor wat and eat pad thai all being shouted at me at once. I took none and discovered super fast internet instead.

Can I just say, first of all, that it is SO much easier to blog from Thailand??? Internet is like 50 cents an hour and its FAST! I already miss a lot about Africa, but one thing I definitely won't miss is trying to blog/send emails/check websites. Dan did a much better job updating his blog than I did, but that boy is dedicated (did we ever get a photo of Dan blogging from Lisa's blackberry in the ocean at Paje by Night???). I'm instead taking the "I'll catch up from Thailand" approach to blogging...

No comments: