Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm wearing jeans! (aka Bye Bye Blogging)

I'm wearing jeans again, which means the trip, and therefore the blog, is over. I guess I could find some reason for continuing the blog, maybe to document my adventures in bschool, but to be honest, I've learned a few things about myself this summer that tell me thats not a good idea at all. To share a few:
1) While Dan was born to blog (if you havent checked out his blog yet, you really should - its hilarious: www.strangleagiraffe.blogspot.com), I was born to write in my journal about my feelings
2) Blogging is a pain in the butt. Especially in Africa where the internet is slow and expensive. (In Africa at one point I paid $10 for one hour of internet. My first day in Thailand I paid 50 cents). The whole trip, it felt like a job that I tried my best to procrastinate. (You'll notice that my last week in the islands I wrote not a single post, because I was so determined to make that time feel like vacation)
3) I missed my jeans. A LOT. In fact, I intend to never travel without them again. Therefore this blog would be a farce if I ever tried to continue it.

And so I'm closing the door on life without jeans. Its been great, really, but next trip I'm sticking to emails and picasa albums. Speaking of which, I'll be sending out some picasa links this weekend once I cull the 53 giraffe, 102 elephants and 570 antelope pictures down to something more manageable (interesting).

xo,
KC

No comments: